Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Part 3

We left the pub and headed straight for her place. I was feeling a little tipsy, but my thoughts were still collected. The evening had been wonderful so far and I was not going to jeopardize it by saying something stupid. I had often watched English movies, were the guy normally asks the girl, if she wanted a nightcap or some such sort of thing. But I was almost sure it wasn’t going to work.
We drove listening to good old rock songs and still she was talking about the day she had decided to come to India. She liked it apparently and was telling things, which took me some time to appreciate.
As we approached her place, which was just around a dark street, she asked if we could talk for a while before she left. Well, I was hoping something along this line will come up and was almost prepared for it. The words came out of my mouth before I realized it then, that I will just park opposite to her place, which was an apartment complex, and stay put. The darkness will adsorb us and since the car was black with black tinted windows, no one will be the wiser. Also the night police patrols don’t normally go around looking inside dark cars parked in front of buildings, they would imagine it belongs there.
I did as I explained and we sat next to each other, listening to the stereo in a much lower tone. She was looking at her building and talking about the good evening she had so far. I was listening to her and observing her. She looked absolutely delightful in that dark car, with almost closed windows. There was just enough light from the front gate of the building to illuminate her face and as I watched, my eyes rested on her moving lips. She was wearing lipstick I could tell, but just enough to highlight their softness.
I gazed a little lower and her skirt had risen upwards, but just a little. I could see her beautiful legs now and her hands were flying all around, while she continued talking. Still her eyes remained fixed on the doorway. I now turned my gaze further up and could make out the soft cloth of her top touching her skin. The little rivers of perspiration had started to flow from her neck and were sticking the material ever so closer. Her chest was heaving with an almost musical rhythm.
She looked at me suddenly and I was on high alert. I looked into her eyes a bit too long and she must have thought I was reading them. She said she had a wonderful time and was thinking I am not bad at all. I laughed at her little sarcasm and then she kept one hand on my leg. To say a shiver ran down my spine will be an exaggeration. My entire body went limp and it felt as though the weight of some burden had lifted, maybe this is what is called happiness. I turned to face her and she asked me in a very polite way if she could kiss me good night.

No comments: