Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Part 1: And so i begin...

Hello my friend...
Why are you here?
Looking for a good story to pass the time, or is it curiosity? Then you must be like me... I think curiosity is the most natural trait of a human being.
I am sorry, but I didn't mean to offend you. I might be surprising at times and I am sure a little weird, but I assure you, I am not insane.
So shall we begin at the beginning?
I was sitting with a friend of mine the other day, talking about nothing in particular when all of a sudden he asked me as to what I wanted to do with my life. I know it hurts sometimes, when people ask that question. But I will speak truthfully to you, my virtual friend, that I wasn't surprised, as he has known me for the last couple of years and is allowed to take a few liberties... and it’s not his fault...
I am 29 and half years old, as on date, and virtually useless. Please, don’t think I am trying to gain any sympathy or bore you with my so-called history of useless attempts at making something worthwhile out of my 'career'. I am just saying this so you know, because believe it or not, people do like to imagine the perpetrator of one who, 'writes down'.
I told him I wanted to make money (of course!) and do something that will please my intellect. I assume he thought I was funny because the next instant he was laughing away to glory. It took me some cajoling to find out what the jest was and regretted the second I asked him; he never knew I 'had intellect'. Try blogging he said... and here is my first try at it.
I had never known about blogging, until a few months ago. I know you must think I am from some different planet, well, not too far from it either to be honest. I think its called 'naivety'. Honest!
This happened a few months back. Okay, it happened 2 years ago to be precise...
I had just gotten home and was changing into my tracks to turn in for a night of movies, when a friend called me to come out. He was waiting. Off I went and imagine my surprise when (according to me) the useless guy actually introduces me to a red haired girl sitting next to him. My mind was working overtime, call it hormones or my pumping adrenaline, but I had always believed I couldn't expect any introductions from him, to the fairer sex.
She was a French born Swiss girl with fiery red hair lying open and easily over her shoulders. Her name was Janet. She was easy to talk to and was a little surprised at how fast and flirty my whole Indian mentality was.
The next evening I took her out for our first date. I had tried everything humanely possible to accumulate enough cash for the evening. I wanted to please her in any which way possible, as I was not only attracted to her intellectual beauty, but also to her easy-going nature which to my mind divulged opportunities. I again assure you, I am not a pervert. But I had at that time been without a girlfriend for about six months and trust me, (or any alpha male) it was a big deal.
The ride to her place for the pick up was like the highway of imagination, as I was both excited and nervous at the same time. God Man! I have been with women before, why now? I have no idea, but it still excites me. Must be the hormones my friend? She looked gorgeous in that light pink top of hers, with a fiery red skirt that set about flying just above her knees and every now and then hinting, at their likeness to her hair. I was trying very hard not to look at her legs and kept smiling as she sat down next to me in the car.

No comments: