Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Part 2

Janet kept looking towards me while talking and it became difficult to focus on the road. But I managed to get us alive to the beachside restaurant. I made sure I sat across from her, as it signals the way of a gentleman. Or so I thought. She smiled at me, and it made me realize, I might have tried sitting next to her.
The order for drinks was a formality as being a true European; she had more experience than me. I was still thinking in which direction to strike a decent conversation in when her first remark took me by surprise. She asked me in the simplest and offhand way only White people can do, about my sexual preferences. To say I was ecstatic with joy will be an understatement. I had been dreaming about this conversation the previous night, but now when I was faced with it I felt reluctant to reply. Of course straight I said, and then it struck me, was she a Lesbian?
She again giggled like a high school girl and said she was Bi-Sexual. I was relieved to hear that, and my friends let me tell you, meeting a girl who is Bi is the best thing that can happen. All my carnal feelings were erupting simultaneously. I think at that time I felt I should lower my excitement and act cool and collected.
She had the habit of drinking in a short but brisk fashion, which kept me thinking if there was any chance of her getting a little high soon. Let me tell you, my intention at that time seemed absolutely salacious to me, but I can’t be sure. I knew I was a good guy.
All of a sudden my hand struck the napkin at my side and it parachuted down to the floor. It was over two years ago and the action is still etched in my memory. I don’t recall if it was intentional or not, but I bent down to pick it up and managed to steal a quick glance at the opposite end. Under the table, in that dark and desolate corner of the entire establishment, I might have actually spent a day, but of course it was under a moment. Her stilettos were bright red in color and almost matched her skin. Her legs looked tanned and well shaped and the skirt was lying at peace above her knees. A red skirt with red high heeled stilettos to match is a turn on for more guys, I was no exception.
I regained my composure quickly and apologized for my stupidity. She smiled and looked deep into my eyes, sending small ripples of shiver through my skin. We were still talking and drinking at the same time, but I noticed she didn’t blink too much while looking directly at me. I tried to seem comfortable and kept stealing glances across the place.
There were a set of three people sitting behind her and one of them being the fairer sex was quick to draw my attention as usual. She was facing me and momentarily our eyes connected. It was maybe just a second, but I thought I read a desire in those eyes, to get out of that place. She was maybe bored with her friends, but that story ended there.
Janet had now turned sideways and was sitting a little broadside-on to me. She was also following my gaze and looked around the restaurant. For her it was all new, the culture, the people, the sight and smells of a foreign land. At that point I started talking about my people and I believe I would have gone on non-stop about our country, had it not been for her, signaling she was ready to eat. I will not elaborate the entire process of ordering and devouring the food, but it was good, and the company delightful. She insisted on footing the check and I brushed her aside with the air of man about town and paid our bill.
When I opened the passenger door to her, she actually thought it was, a little too much. This time I smiled and said this was something natural to me, to treat a woman as a lady. It sounds a little exaggerated I know. She slid comfortably into her seat and I rushed around to start and drive off. The fact that her place was about 15 minutes away did not drain my thought that I should drive around a little bit. I asked her as much. She said that she had to get back soon, as it was already late. I asked her if she would like to have a final drink at a pub on the way, which she agreed to, one for the road.
The pub happened to be the one I was regular to, the guys were always the same and the women kept getting younger with each passing week. The guys, who worked there, knew me and we discussed almost everything under the sun. I was feeling a bit high spirited as it was not everyday a guy walked in with a hot white chick on his sleeve. My head was a little bloated at this prospect and I might have seemed gloating about the fact.
The manager walked up when I had placed our order and greeted me in the friendliest manner I had seen him in, for a very long time. He lingered around, waiting to be introduced to Janet, and I think I gave him the cold shoulder, as I wanted to be ahead in the competition. With respect to women I had always learnt to be a little selfish, or there were other people with better looks, wallets and attitude to whisk them away. I was proud at that time, having landed a white girl in India and was taking full advantage of it.
While sipping our drinks she was standing close to me at the high pub table next to the dance floor, and I could make out she was enjoying the music. Her entire frame reflected a rhythm which I didn’t notice during dinner, and it seemed to sway with the beats. She was letting her hair down a bit and asking me to dance. Now that's were I had to surrender unconditionally, as I had no idea what it entailed. Dance and I didn’t go together. I had never been on a dance floor and the thought of me and her dancing with 200 pairs of eyes looking, was installing fear in me. It was obvious everyone had better things to do, but it didn’t give me a comfortable thought.
She was a little offended when I refused, but calmed down with the mix of booze and my soothing explanation of why she wasn't eligible to dance. We had another round of cocktails and I happen to give her a more thorough examination in the enveloping darkness of the club. She was attractive. Her red hair fell softly on her spaghetti lined shoulders. The top’s pink color was blending with that of her skin and she had the feel of a women, her feminine nature was obvious and engulfing. As she looked the other way, I happened to glance at her exposed neck. To say I could make out the darker color running through her veins across the skin, will only state what I thought was an excellent complexion. She turned abruptly and caught me staring at her neck. I thought I detected a smirk, but it blossomed into a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude way to go
u gotta have this flare naturally
and dude the touch of melaciousness is dammn soothing