Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Part 8

After finishing dinner I proceeded to drop her home. Both of us were feeling a little tipsy and we drove listening to music and having loud conversation. After finally reaching her place, she sat in the car still talking. Her bag and file folders were in the back seat.
She looked at me in a soft off-hand manner and said she didn’t feel like going back, but that she had work the next day and had to sleep early tonight. I agreed and she kissed me and left. I sat there watching her go. She had a way of walking which would have enticed a wild elephant, to calm down. As I kept looking out, she reached the main entrance to her building and seemed to waver and then turned and saw me looking at her. There was a flicker of a smile on her face and she lifted her hand and pointed two fingers in the air. They obviously meant two minutes, but for what, I had no idea.
So I waited. Obviously whenever anyone says two minutes, it is invariably more. But this time it was less. I knew it, because I kept a close study of the watch on my dashboard. She called and said that she was in her room and would love to meet me, but she wasn’t alone in the house. She kept vacillating between meeting me and not able to do anything about it, when I suggested that she could still come out and I could take her on a long drive. She refused as it was late. So I kept listening to her admiration of the last couple of days. She was enjoying herself, I could tell and I really liked her too.
She then asked me, if I could come up to her window. She was staying in the ground floor apartment of a small residential complex and the distance between the main entrance from the street and her window was not too great. I agreed and she hung up. When I locked the car and proceeded to the building entrance, I became cautious. The security guard might find and question me about my motive and I wouldn’t have any satisfactory answer to give them. I was in a fix. Although I have a well-built disposition, I would be lying if I said I did not break out into a cold sweat. My neck was wet with humidity from my skin and the moment felt tensed.
I went past the doors and to my relief I didn’t find anyone. As I went around a corner, I almost ran into a guard sitting on an easy chair. The window to her room was to the back of the building and I had to navigate two corners before reaching it and so that’s were I should have been more careful. While my pulse kept going up I watched him narrowly, a snore seemed to originate, I went closer and then realized he was drunk and fast asleep. I stifled the need to smile and went ahead. When I reached her window I sent a text and waited. She called up and said the windows were fixed and couldn’t be opened. I was getting so used to being disappointed that I made it look obvious. There was complete darkness all around me; the high wall behind me, the passage and her room. She flicked a switch on and there was a dull light on her window. In the obscurity I could make her out easily, silhouetted against the glass and looking at me.
She was on the phone to me and we talked. She was expressing her disappointment at my discomfort. She was sorry, to have put me through all this trouble and that she was feeling very sad. I told her that as a person who really liked her, I was willing to do it and that I could have always said no and gone, but since I didn’t, it meant I was enjoying the flash of mystery which was prevalent in the air. Also it was like an adventure in the midst of a chaotic and highly populated city. In fact it was too exciting a prospect, to find room for private thought in a public situation.
She relaxed and then said something that I wouldn’t have imagined in my wildest dreams. She asked me to hang up and watch her. As I did this, she looked at me directly and started dancing in a slow pace of passionate music that I could just hear from her room. She moved in a rhythmic fashion and her jeans seemed to hug her body. She noticed me watching her intensely and flashing a quick smile, she turned about. As I looked, she stimulated her hips in a salsa move. I continued admiring her dance and devouring her moves, when she raised her white shirt a little and gave me a glimpse of her lower back. The curves were beautiful and aligned in a perfect conduct.
The thing which captivated my interest more than the smooth skin of her lower spine was the light blue whale-tail shaped thong, raised higher on top of her jeans. It was incredibly sexy to look at and as I watched, she kept swaying in an erotic manner and then brought her two hands on her thong and holding the ends, she pulled it higher.

No comments: